Thursday, 12 May 2011

My Creative Space

I spent this morning on my laser cutter making some commission pieces, and a new brooch design which will be exclusive to Second Home in Oswestry, who have kindly offered to stock some of my work to test out sales on the high street for me. It's an idea relating to the increased footfall on the high street compared to my stall, and the long term idea that it might be nice for me to have a little shop on the high street one day.


So, this is the brooch design - I thought it would be nice to make something in-keeping with the fact that it is an interior shop....


This afternoon I have been working on some sketchbook stuff, I have been trying to accumulate images for inspiration and to kick start the creative process. So far though I'm just cutting and sticking. But I'm sure it will lead somewhere!



Next on my list is to make some labels for my new stock, I am always happy when I have to make things to replace what has sold!


For more creative spaces pop on over here - the new home for my creative space!

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! Really striking in the black acrylic. Hope you're having a good week hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! I'm really pleased, I hope they go well! I'm ok, the weather is driving me crazy though! Hope you're good, are you coming to stitch and bitch?! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x