Saturday, 26 February 2011

Exciting New Toy!

For a few weeks now I've had a fun new toy in my stall...My laser cutter! I wanted to wait until I got it working to blog about it, since it's not all that exciting until it actually does something - but now it's working, so here's what I did on Wednesday;These are my the very first things that my laser cut out! Aren't they so much fun!?! They're only practise things, but I'm jolly excited!
And once I got it cutting, I tried something else - engraving! The ball of wool is etched onto the surface of the plastic, I'm so impressed at what it can do. Now I have to order a bunch of plastic so I can make some pretty jewellery, and do all the commission pieces I've been asked for! I'm sure I'm going to have a fantastic time playing with such an amazing machine!

I also have a new batch of button earrings, with lots of pretty colours!
They seem to be really popular. I'm still so happy when people like what I make, I don't think the novelty will ever wear off!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x