Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Stylish Blogger Award!


I had a very nice comment yesterday from Serendipity Child, she has given me the Stylish Blogger Award! Thanks so much, I'm all blushing and thrilled!



It would seem that I have some duties as recipient of said award...



1. Thank and link back to the person to gave me this award,

2. Share 7 things about yourself,

3. Award 15 Bloggers,

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award



So, seven things about me



1) I am an obsessive collector of things; I start liking something and that's it, it becomes a manic collecting frenzy. I have over 100 1980's My Little Pony, 21 Blythe dolls, and enough notebooks for about the next 30 years even at the rate that I go through them. I also love art books, Shampoo vinyl (feeling the shame, but they were everything that was right about 90's pop music), hairslides, mary janes, teacups....and so it goes on.



2) I love textiles. It's fairly obvious given what I do for a living these days, but I just love fabric in all shapes and sizes. I love floral prints and polka dots most of all, but generally anything in lovely colours with a fantastic pattern will catch my eye.



3) I love TV shows. My favourite TV show is "Pushing Daisies", but I also love "Bewitched" and "Spaced" and "Friends" and "Frasier" and "Big Bang Theory". At the moment we are working through series four of "Heroes" which is pretty much all we've watched since Christmas.



4) I have always liked to make things. When I was really young we went to the zoo and my mum bought me a plastic hippo, so the next day I made a whole zoo out of cardboard, so my hippo had somewhere to live. I even made him a pool to swim in (it was piece of cardboard with a hole in it and a plastic dairylea tray taped underneath). I also made an aquarium for my stuffed dolphin and a nativity (the angel had a toilet tissue dress and doilies for wings). I have always had a very vivid imagination, and used to ring my dad to ask him to bring home boxes all the time...



5) My favourite band is Hole, and has been since I was about 12 years old. I have very eclectic taste in music; everything from kitsch pop (in an ironic way), through to angry metal. My favorite bands are The Deftones, The Joy Formidable, The Lemonheads, Queen Adreena, My Ruin, The XX, Florence and the Machine, Garbage, Jack Off Jill, Human Waste Project, KT Tunstall, Mumford and Sons, and TheAudience.



6) Music again, but I really love Sia, and I think my favourite song in the world ever is "Breathe Me"



7) I like writing lists, obvious really given that most of the points I've made here involve lists...



So there's some stuff about me that you may not have known before. I hope it wasn't too boring.



The 15 Bloggers that I want to pass the award along to are *drum roll please*

Aunty Cookie

The Whistling Cowgirl

Dustbunnies

Emma Lamb

hello sandwich

Jumble Sale Rabbits

leililaloo

Made by Jewls

me plus molly

ponder and stitch

Shara Lambeth Designs

Sweetfancy

the Royal Sisters

UnaOdd

Whirlwind Amy Designs

Sorry if any of you have already been given the award, I've just chosen my favourite blogs, ones that I enjoy reading and am inspired by!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Gemma!
    How lovely - I am thrilled to see this, thank you! Also, congratulations on getting on the Oswestry Market website - fab!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x