Monday, 29 November 2010

A Day Out In London

I had a lovely little day out in London yesterday! Hubby had a meeting, so I hopped on the tube for a shopping session at Camden Market. I was supposed to be buying Christmas presents, but mostly just bought stuff for myself. I absolutely loved the Mexican Folk Art stall which I found for the first time yesterday (not sure if it's new or I just missed it before, it's such a huge market!), and I took a sneaky pic on my phone, it was just amazing!From the market, I went over to see the Dazzle jewellery exhibition at the National Theatre on the South Bank. There were lots of familiar names, but some very exciting new stuff too, I particularly liked Jenny Llewellyn's silver and silicone pieces... www.jennyllewellyn.com

and also Kathryn Partington's beautiful textile pieces...
it's worth checking out the Dazzle website, there's some amazing work on show this year!
After Dazzle I went onto The National Gallery, The Portrait Gallery, and I spent the rest of the day in the British Museum. It was a very busy day but I had a lovely time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x