Tuesday, 21 September 2010

On the Hunt for Supplies!

I've had a very busy day so far! I have been to the post office to send two postcards, a letter and a big envelope (which has your name on it Miss Amy!), and then went into my sweet little town on the hunt for supplies! It was a successful little shopping adventure...I got airmail envelopes and plain writing paper (because I have a new penpal who is a boy, and I figure he might not like flowery paper!), and some postcards for postcrossing!
As usual I came home with a few little extras...

The bag is 100% wool, I love its stripeyness, and it came from The British Red Cross shop, which is my favourite charity! I went to an exhibition of lino prints by Paul Peter Piech and got this little postcard (for myself!), and I got the three books from charity shops. One very exciting fact; the Egypt book is by Lucia Gahlin, who is going to be the tutor on the distance learning course that I've signed up for! The course is called Introduction to the World of Ancient Egypt and it starts on Monday 4th October, I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love the bag! And the postcard looks intriguing, what does it say?

    I did a spot of charity shopping in town today too, and thought of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's nice of you! Did you find any fabulous bargains? I hope you had fun, we will have to have a shopping session soon!
    The card says; "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend" Martin Luther King. I thought it was nice. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x