Sunday, 19 September 2010

London...Again!!

It's been a fabulous weekend! I think I'm getting a little spoilt with all of these lovely trips, because we went to London for the weekend for hubby's work meeting. So I spent two whole days mooching around! I went to all the usual places; The British Museum, The Portrait Gallery, The National Gallery, The ICA, and Tate Modern. The weird event of the weekend (isn't there always one?!) was this...I'm not religious at all, but when I heard that the Pope was going to be in London I thought it might be worth a look. To be fair, he's probably the most famous person that I'm ever going to see, so we tootled along to the Mall to see him in his Pope-mobile on his way to Hyde Park. I'm not going to get into the politics of it, I'm pretty sure everyone knows what the issues are with the Catholic church right now, but I think this was a pretty historical event. (As an aside, I couldn't help but notice that the Pope-mobile looks like those tanks that Damien Hirst puts dead stuff in...)
Anyway, all in all a fantastic weekend, and located some very nice supplies; post cards for Postcrossing, snazzy writing paper for letters, and tape to seal envelopes. Also got some Blythe badges (sooo cute!) and a Moldy Peaches cd which I can't wait to listen to! And to top it all off, I had some amazing post; a postcrossing postcard from Belgium, a gorgeous zine from gracialouise and a letter from my lovely Amy. I'm feeling like a very happy little person!

Normal services will resume in the morning, with very late Friday Folksy Favourites, Shopping List Saturday and Flea Market Finds, but for now, I'm going to fuss a fluffy kitty who has been sat at my shoulder watching me type, and then I'm off to bed, the four hour drive home has me pretty tired out!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Pope photo! I'm not religious either, but being part of an historical moment is cool... and he looks so quirky and kitchy in his pope mobile.

    Rather jealous of your weekend in London and looking forward to hearing more about your finds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x