Wednesday, 18 August 2010

My Creative Space

I'm a teensy bit early, but here is my creative space! I know that I adopted a very sassy knitting machine only a couple of weeks ago, but I found a very lovely Singer knitting machine in a charity shop this morning and couldn't leave it behind! It was still in the box, with all the bits and bobs still in bags, and came with the instruction book! It was a real bargain too, only £10 (sponsored by my lovely hubby, thank you hubby!). So this afternoon I have been playing with it, and finally got it knitting.
It's quite hard to cast on properly, even with the book. My first swatch was full of holes and eventually jumped right off the needles (no idea how it happened...), but eventually I got going with this;
I even got a bit adventurous and started putting in some stripes!

The casting off was a bit tricky, and the one corner is a little mangled up, but I'm really quite pleased with my efforts! Going to have another go at it tomorrow, possibly with some double knit!

For more creative spaces pop on over to kootoyoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x