Monday, 19 July 2010

Granny Squares!

In the run up to the New Designers Exhibition, I made sure that I had bag space left for a yarny project to take along, and planned to make granny squares. Best laid plans, and of course I ran out of wool mid-week!(Thanks Amy for taking this sneaky pic...) So I had a bit of a mission to find more yarn, and got to work on a new set of granny squares! I finished them off this weekend, and I am now joining them up, with a lovely deep red which compliments them nicely. I am off for a crochet day with Whirlwind Amy tomorrow, I'm really looking forward to it, we're making this bag!
It's lovely to be back on crochet and granny squares, and reading, which are some of the things I missed most in the hectic last months of my degree. Last week I devoured "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" which is a beautifully written story, and I have moved quickly onto "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day", I love the film and I'm sure I will enjoy the book too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x