Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Quilt Making and a Jolly Trip to London!

So, in an effort not to go crazy now I am without dedicated uni projects, I have started working on my very first patchwork quilt! I collected together lots of pretty fabrics, and have started cutting out the first squares. I am still working on knitted swatches too, but the sudden departure of focus has left me a little unsettled. I have been into uni every day since the show started, even though I have officially finished, just making away while the opportunity is still there, but yesterday I had a jolly little day out in London!
I started in the National Gallery, then onto the Portrait Gallery and I spent the whole afternoon in the British Museum, and did what I always wanted to do; I grabbed a map and went around every single room! And when I had done that, I went around "A History of the World in 100 Objects" which is the series that BBC Radio Four is doing in collaboration with the Museum...and my favourite object?
The Statue of Ramesses II. I've seen it lots of times before, but it really is quite amazing! The trail basically led me right around the museum again (good sense would have told me to look for them when I went around the first time, but never mind!), it really is the most amazing place.
Today I have been making wooden earrings and house brooches, and tomorrow will be more of the same. Some previews coming in my creative space tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x