Thursday, 10 June 2010

My Creative Space

Goodness me, I have neglected my little blog of late, but I'm sure I can be forgiven for it, given that since my last visit I have finished all my jewellery, passed my final assessment and best of all, created my most creative space ever...my degree show!

These photo is of the whole space (care of my lovely friend George) with work from all of the applied arts department, covering Jewellery/Metalwork, Ceramics and Glass.
And my cabinet,

These brooches are taxonomies of found buttons, each has the coordinates of where the button was found on the front and the name of the place on the back, like a little secret that only the wearer knows about. They all have safety chains, the idea being that the lost buttons remain found.

So that's one chapter ending, and I am already thinking about the next, developing new ranges and making plans for the future.

For more creative spaces head on over to kootoyoo

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing your assessment and your degree show!! I really love your concept and your taxonomies look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you must feel so relieved to have finished your degree. And so many exciting things could happen in the future. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...Just beautiful! your work is stunning my love!
    you did good girl!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on passing ... it's fantastic to hear.
    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely idea, I really like meaningful jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all for your very kind comments! It's been a long build up, and it's very strange to be done, but I'm very much looking forward to the next bit!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x