Thursday, 13 May 2010

My Creative Space

It's been a few weeks since I've creative spaced, things have been so hectic, and unfortunately, at times not very productive! I have three weeks until my final assessment now, but this afternoon I took a little bit of time out to try something new...Shockingly, I have been doing ceramics! Nothing too taxing, but lovely Amy taught me how to make buttons! We've done the porcelain slip into little circles, and tomorrow when it's a bit drier we're going to poke holes into them before we fire them, and pick glazes! I have never really been good at ceramics, and although it wasn't all that dramatic, I feel like it was a bit of a breakthrough for me! I made the two large ones on the left and the three small ones on the right. I hope they look good when they're done! I have also been working on my knitting swatch, it is coming along well, I will post some pics when I've done the first batch! Oh, and just for the sake of sating curiosity, today I wore my yellow flowery earrings (see yesterday's "goodies in the post" post!) and tomorrow will be a red and white polka dot day!
For more creative spaces head on over to kootoyoo!

2 comments:

  1. it has to be said... your a natural at button making, i think these are going to be ever so pretty, :) looking forward to tomorrow now! :o)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for buttons, especially ones of the ceramic variety!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x