Thursday, 18 March 2010

My Creative Space

I've been on a school trip today, I went to Manchester Art Gallery and spent the day with my lovely friend Amy! The highlights were the Yoshitomo Nara installation and the cabinets of curious objects, and the main exhibition of three Ron Mueck sculptures. So my own creative space was this evening at knitting, and tonight I showed my gorgeous ladies, Amy and Claire, how to finger knit!Here's mine...
and here's Amy's at the start... and this is Claire's at the start...and the finished scarves being modelled! Amy also taught me how to make pretty crochet flowers, I'm off to finish it now but just before I do, here's a sneaky preview of my latest piece...For more creative spaces head on over to kootoyoo

4 comments:

  1. I saw finger knitting at a Stitches show in Glasgow a few years ago and have shown loads of people how to do it. They are always amazed at how effective it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is just great, it's so simple to make pretty scarves! Thanks for popping by xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!!! That's my button and I want it back!!!
    Great work: love the colors and embroidery.
    finger knitting rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your embroidery, and looking forward to seeing your crochet flowers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x