Friday, 22 January 2010

Working hard...

I've been working on some designs at uni today, using some wallpaper from a samples book. I think they're quite sweet, not sure how they fit into my work yet but I'm inspired which is always good!I grabbed this nice big space to work in! Here's close ups of my birds and a selection of some of the lovely wallpapers that I've been playing with.
Last night was the first knitting group at uni! We don't have a name for it yet, but we will soon have a blog and flickr group, which will contain some pics of all the crazy stuff we've been up to! I tried out my broom handle crochet hook for the first time for my Granny of the Day! It's not finished yet, I want to make it gigantic! I picked 2 balls of yarn, one grey, one pink, and used them both at the same time to get a good thickness. it's so chunky and soft! I also got a lesson in knitting on circular needles, which I'm really enjoying! I'm making a chunky tube cowl, using lovely white yarn. I hope to have it finished over the weekend so I can wear it! I'm trying to remember to relax this term, it's already feeling a little stressful, and so I need little projects that are just for me, without having to worry about them being assessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x