Friday, 1 January 2010

A Merry Festive Season!

It's been an age since I last posted, and now it's a whole new year! The festive season has been wonderful, with lovely times spent with family, the kitties and my husband. We had a quiet Christmas day at home with very generous gifts and a huge feast! We've also had a jam-packed trip to London which was fabulous and inspiring! We went to lots of places; The National Gallery, Tate Britain and Tate Modern, The British Museum, The Natural History Museum, The V&A, and The Portrait Gallery as well as spending some time looking around the shops in Covent Garden (I was thrilled to visit Tatty Devine!)


One of the highlights of the trip was seeing the sketchbooks of Elsa Peretti who designed jewellery and table wear for Tiffany They were on display, along with some beautiful pieces, in the British Museum.

I also mooched past Lauren Shanley's shop in the OXO tower, and was very surprised to see this;

My House brooches are in the window!! I was so excited to see them, thanks to Lauren for being so kind!

Today we are celebrating the New Year with my family, which will be lovely, and soon I will have to face the inevitable work that I have been putting off for the last two weeks. I have next week off so I plan to do a huge bulk of my dissertation (3,500 words to go but I have lots of ideas and things I need to fit into that!), and start designing the next part of my jewellery range. It's scary really, this is the last range that I will do at uni, after this I'm out in the big bad world for myself. It's not all work and no play though, I will be spending my 25th birthday (and the day after) in London because hubby has a meeting and I'm taking the opportunity to tag along! I'm planning a visit to The Contemporary Applied Arts Gallery, and there is a big design show on the Mall, where two recent graduates from my course are showing. Exciting times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x