Sunday, 17 January 2010

Granny Square, Fabric Sample, Sewing Tin and Plans for the Afternoon!

I only got one granny square done yesterday, but I plan to do lots today! I decided to try something new yesterday, it's just a sampler, but I kind of like it...
I've been thinking about trying this for a while, I took lots of fabric scraps that I had stashed away, laid them out and just kept sewing over the top again and again! I ended up with a very solid feeling piece, which has got me thinking about ways to do this in a more controlled way to create images. I like this because it has a kind of patchwork feel but without the inevitable complicatedness of putting patchwork together!
And exciting, I picked up this sweet Ladybird Book Tin a couple of weeks ago, and I've finally gotten around to putting some of my bits and bobs in it!

So far I've stashed away my scissors, two of the crochet hooks I use the most often (inside the gingham pouch I made recently), a bag of gorgeous vintage red buttons, pins, snap fasteners, and my date stamp (not sewing I know, but one of the things I use the most!). It's a really sweet tin, and it helps me to be tidy if I have a place for everything!!

I'm going on the hunt for a little saucepan now, I'm making teacup candles this afternoon! I have been collecting wax from my candles every time I light them for a little while and I now have a full box, so I'm going to use some of the pretty teacups that I have accumulated to make teacup candles! Photos later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x