Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Laser Cutting Mayhem

Today has been a very busy day! I finally got a go on the laser cutter at hubby's school, and it was fab! Unfortunately it seems that it won't cut ceramics, which puts a huge spanner in my third year plans, which are pretty much entirely based on laser cut ceramics, but it does a pretty good job on plastic! I've made about one hundred cut out houses which will be brooches, in a variety of colours and types of plastic! Here's some of the fun...

The laser cutter...it's huuuge!

The first test, just a little hole!And a little more exciting - the first house!

The first house, in comparison to a hand-cut, finished piece.

In action! (not a great pic...)

Pink houses!


Piles of little houses and the left over windows and doors!

All packed up!

And the left overs, which I have brought home to play with!

I'm going to be putting a selection of houses onto etsy, as well as a bunch into a lovely gallery that I am going to be exhibiting in! It's a very exciting time for me as I start to establish my little business, I'm hoping that by this time next year it will be blossoming! I have found a little bit of time for myself in the last week though, between making things for the gallery and working on the mace project at uni, and spent a while making some lovely crochet creatures! I'll try to get some decent pics when it's light tomorrow (the nights are certainly getting longer as Autumn starts to take hold), but I've had a lovely time just practising and making sweet things just for me!

1 comment:

  1. i am looking for laser cutting to making placemats by felt, but i can't find anywhere.

    your work is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x