Thursday, 20 August 2009

My Creative Space

This weeks space is from uni, working on the mace project. It's going really well, and I've learnt lots about finishing silver today, but I did spend a huge amount of time sanding which is not the most fun (or clean) of jobs!

These are all the pieces so far, it's coming along pretty well, I'm not in again for three weeks, so I'm sure I'll see lots of difference between now and then. The black tubing is for the body of the mace, it's carbon fibre, and really light, but it has a weird ribbing around the entire length which I've been sanding off. It was a very messy job!

I spent lots of time sanding this silver section (it's a collar piece), and then polished it up all shiny and nice.

I love silver!

So, that's what my day looked like! Pop on over to kootoyoo for more spaces and to show off your own! Tomorrow is the big painting day in my workshop...pics soon!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Look how beautiful and polished and perfect it looks! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...Hard work shows..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x