Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Mad Science and Shopping

I went to uni today and learnt to anodise aluminium! It looked like a mad science laboratory, with crazy looking equipment, and wires, and pots of steaming liquids!


Had a great time, learnt lots of new things, but had major embarrassment when I couldn't solder! I think I'm a bit rusty from such a long break, but I just couldn't make the solder run! I also managed to gouge a chunk out of my finger on a sharp piece of silver... hopeless!

Nonetheless, it was a good day, and after we finished I popped over to the interiors shop and picked up these;


They're both for my workshop, the milk jug is for my milk (obviously!) and the jar is for buttons to go into my open-fronted cupboard. It's a little too dark to get a good pic, but they really are lovely. Tomorrow I'm off to mooch around the charity shops in search of goodies to make my workshop pretty, and going to see "Coco Before Chanel", I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x