Sunday, 19 July 2009

What I've Been Up To and Shopping List Sunday

Had a lovely couple of days, hubby has just finished school for 6 1/2 weeks, so on Friday we went out for dinner and to see the new Harry Potter movie. I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it because I'm such an obsessive lover of the books that I've been disappointed with all but the first two films. But it was great, and I'm so glad that they left in Dumbledore's admission that he loves knitting patterns!

Yesterday we had a jam-packed day of fun! Went to Walsall art gallery in the morning, it was the last day of a fantastic exhibition called "Pot Luck" which is about food and art.

It was a really good exhibition, and really relevant to my dissertation too! The highlights were the sweet smelling chocolate fountain, and the sponge cake bricks by Aaron Head. After that we had a look around the shops and then set off for the Warwick University Art Centre to see "the Reader". I planned to read the book first, but as the chance came up to see the film in the cinema we thought we'd have a look. I was really touched by it and was in tears for most of the last half an hour, it was a very intense and powerful story, so I'll be reading that very soon.

Today we will be going to Betty's cafe for tea and cake (lemon drizzle for me today I think - yummy!), and watching films since it's a lovely rainy day.

So, my next couple of shopping lists will come from some of the lovely jewellery I have saved in my favourites...today will be rings!




Floating Saucer Ring by ColleenBaran


RingTheRose - Aluminum Ring With Handmade Rose by Tempelhoffs

Lovely inspiring rings! Head on over to fancypicnic for more shopping lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x