Sunday, 12 July 2009

Recent Makings and a new drill!

Thought I'd share some of the things I've been working on lately, I love all this free time!
I've been so excited to learn how to knit on four needles that I've been trying all sorts of weird and wacky patterns!Firstly, this lovely cupcake from Spud & Chloe, and a doughnut from this book, both ace patterns!The beginnings of Fifi the Flamingo from the knitted odd-bod bunch book, the next step is 194 rounds for the neck, which I'm ashamed to say I'm putting off starting...I've also made this flower, which will be in my etsy shoppe in the near future, I've bought some slightly larger self-cover buttons too which I plan to try on the next flower...

I made this chicken creature a while ago, but realised that I never blogged about it, he's from the Plush-o-Rama book which was recommended by one of my tutors from uni. His mouth stitching is a bit wonky, but for the first time in my life I have been able to accept this teeny defect as character, and move on... I must be maturing or something....And lastly, my new knitting needle carry around case (which I just noticed could use the iron running over it!). It's gorgeous Japanese fabric and is lined with my current favourite, red and white gingham! The wooden button is just lovely, one of four that my super kind mother-in-law rescued for me from the charity shop she volunteers in.These are the amazing crochet patterns that I picked up yesterday, I'm amassing quite a collection, they're just lovely! I also got another teeny hook, I don't think this could possibly be a healthy thing to get into!




And, saving the best till last....Today I bought a bench drill! Again, it's geeky tool excitement, but this is the first serious piece of kit for my workshop which will hopefully be sorted within the next week or two!


It's like Christmas morning!

Tomorrow and Tuesday are mace days again, so I'll be silver-smithing, as well as watching a wonderful silversmith at work, what a fabulous opportunity! Right now though I'm tucking into homemade flat-breads and hummus, whilst watching "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone". We're going to watch a Harry Potter film a night running up to the new film, which we're hopefully going to see on Friday. Lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x