Thursday, 23 July 2009

My Creative Space

This week I've been seriously getting into my work for next term. The shabby chic idea I had seems to be working well, and I've got a couple of designs in mind!Here's what I'm working on, an idea with blue and white willow pattern, all my books, and some knitted flowers. I've been commissioned to make two more, and the black and white wool is for that!

Close ups of my contextual book and sketchbook pagesand my blue and white plate - before and after! I'll get some pictures of what I'm planning to do with the pieces soon...I'm quite excited to get started.

I went to look for tools today, got some snazzy drill bits, and checked out the prices. This afternoon we made raspberry jam which is setting at the moment. It looks yummy!

Pop on over to kootoyoo for more creative spaces! I'm off to do a bit more work, going to sort through all my bits of broken plate!

5 comments:

  1. What an inspiring space. I love seeing all your things laid out like that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of the snazzy drill bits. Looking forward to watching this evolve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking so interesting and I love where it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, shattered china, I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project does look intriguing ~ can't believe you smashed up the willow! I love your books too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x