Thursday, 9 July 2009

My Creative Space

Today is the first serious work day of the summer! I've been kicking some ideas around for my third year negotiated studies modules, and finally feel ready to get some stuff into my sketchbook and visual research book. I've been kind of putting it off if I'm honest, last year was pretty draining, but today I'm ready to get back into the creative process! So, my idea is to take the principles of shabby chic interiors and translate them into jewellery.... not sure how it's going to go, but my starting point is looking at shabby chic interiors (obviously) and working out some of the recurring themes...so here's my dining table all covered in stuff!
And my new sketchbook, covered with lovely birdcage paper from Paperchase!
Pop on over to kootoyoo for more creative spaces!

Went to Wolverhampton yesterday, this was my little haul from Oxfam, I had a lovely time going through a wicker sewing basket to find these treasures!

So, now I really must get on and do some work, no more procrastinating!

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to see how you incorporate shabby chic into jewellery! And what a great score at Oxfam! You can never fail with buttons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures of your space. They are beautiful. And your birdcage-covered notebook ~ gorgeous. So jealous. Been coverting paperchase from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birdcage paper caught my eye right away. And what an interesting experiment, with the shabby chic. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your birdcage notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your venture. All that research should yield some fantastic results. I look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x