Thursday, 18 June 2009

My Creative Space

I've been working lots on my inspiration book this week, having found a huge pile of "Elle Decoration" magazines in a charity shop for 20p each! I'm in the process of picking out the things that I like, I have a whole bunch of lovely stuff to go in there now! My blanket is also coming on well, it only needs about five rounds now to be big enough to go on my chair.Head on over to Kootoyoo to see more creative spaces and to join in!


I went to Wolverhampton yesterday, and saw a French film called "The Mark of an Angel". I also bought some lovely new shoes!
I love Mary Janes, they're my most favourite type of shoes, and I love these! I've been wearing them wandering around my garden to try and get used to them, and I wanted to show off some of my favourite sights....
A little busy bee having a lovely time inside a Welsh Poppy!
Our first (and only!) asparagus stem
The first Broccoli of the year
Giant poppies
and our first courgettes!
I love the summer time, when there's lots of colour, and all the hard work that goes in starts to pay off. Our garden is really quite lovely, and my favourite bit is harvesting all the fruit and veg that we grow! I just love sitting on the path shelling beans and peas, picking and filling tubs with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and gooseberries, and the smell of the herb patch when it's just been watered! I feel very lucky to have this little piece of the world to call my own, especially after years of just having a teeny yard in the middle of the city. I much prefer the country air!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are still crocheting!! And I looove the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the blanket is looking beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long till your blanket is finished, good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by - I love to hear from you!x